Our Self-defense programs give participants the opportunity to practice taking charge of their personal safety by: protecting their personal boundaries, de-escalating a threatening confrontation, dealing with verbal attack, using physical self-defense to get away from an assault.
Our Self-Defense Training not only makes you more aware of yourself, but more importantly the training prepares you to be more aware of your surrounding! The training is one hour long with basic self defense skills.
Many people think of Self-Defense as a karate kick to the groin or jab in the eyes of an attacker. But self-defense actually means doing everything possible to avoid fighting someone who threatens or attacks you. Self-defense is all about using your smarts — not your fists.
1. How to escape from grabs and chokes
2. How to block and strike powerfully
3. How to set—and keep—boundaries
4. How to stand your ground
5. How to use pressure points to safely dissuade or disable an attacker
6. How to execute basic takedowns and fight while on the ground
…and much more!
Schedule a Self-Defense Lesson Today
- Questions about the class?
- Not sure if this is right for you?
- Our teachers will be happy to help.
To pre-register, send us an email or call us at (734) 447-3000