SILVERA KARATE JITSU
The Silvera Karate Jitsu (member of the International Budo Ryokukai of Japan) offers a modern approach to a classical Japanese Martial Arts education where we integrate our curriculum with modern science and various martial art principles.
Our Academy's exclusive training curriculum includes the best disciplines: Traditional Karate, Jiiu Jitsu & Practical Karate (Jitsu)
- Karate Jitsu: We practice the original defensive applications that are covered by our style of MMA Karate. These bring elements of ground fighting, joint locking, and throwing as well as the punching and kicking methods. This program also includes advanced specialty classes focusing on reality based weapon defenses (stick, gun, and knife).
- Jiu-Jitsu or Ju-Jutsu is a self-defence martial art and combat sport based on grappling, ground fighting and submission holds. It focuses on the skill of taking an opponent to the ground, controlling one's opponent, gaining a dominant position and using a number of techniques to force them into submission via joint locks or chokeholds.
- In Sport Karate: students will learn the dynamic, active competition training techniques and rules of the WKF Olympic Karate (www.wkf.net). Fitness with strategic technical and tactical skills have propelled this program based on the latest research and up-to-date WKF training techniques.
Unlike most other martial arts schools; We provide more than one type of program. The following Martial Arts Styles are offered in our School:
- Shotokan Karate-do; developed from various Karate styles by Gichin Funakoshi (1868–1957)
- Ryokukai Karate-do; developed from various Karate styles by Katzumi Niikura (1943-Present).
- JuJitsu; is a self-defence martial art and combat sport based on grappling, ground fighting and submission holds
- Iai-jutsu; this art of drawing the Japanese sword, katana, is one of the Japanese koryū martial art disciplines in the education of the classical warrior (bushi)
Shotokan Black Belt – 5th Dan
Silvera Sensei is the Chief Instructor. Also, chief Instructor of the International Budo Ryokukai in Michigan. Sensei Silvera has trained in variety of Martial Arts; such as Iaido, Aikido, Taekwondo, Judo, Krav Maga, Tai chi, Kickboxing, Kung fu and Kudo. His martial arts training started back in 1984 and opened his first dojo in 1988, in Lima-Peru. Currently holds 5th Dan in Karate, Black Belt Dan in Iaido, and in Tae Kwon Do. Sensei Silvera offers insights into the relationships between various martial arts and the effective training methods found in those arts.
Sensei's Silvera international Awards:
Black Belt – 3rd Dan
Mat Sensei is an athlete who has represented the UK under prestigious world events and holds titles such as: