- * This is an irrevocable commitment to 6 month to a full year of Martial Arts instruction
- A $75 annual dues are paid once per year, either on the date of joining or on a pro-rata basis
- Exams: In addition to class fees, students who wish to test for rank promotion must pay a testing fee. $35 to $150 according to the rank. Black belt ranks varies on prices.
- Visitor Drop-In: $20
- Gift card available for 10 training sessions: https://samuraidetroit.com/card
- Please be aware that this offer is specifically limited to immediate legal family members. It does not extend to significant others or extended family members.
Exclusive to JMAA members, we offer private lessons with our skilled instructors at discounted rates:
Should You Sign a Martial Arts Agrement?
- Signing a contract once you’ve evaluated a school and determined that you want to study there.
- A contract helps the school have more stable financials, allowing it to stay open.
- Without that commitment, a school would never know how many students will return the next month or whether they could afford the rent, insurance and electricity needed to run the school.
- It also provides a commitment on the student’s part. Yes, students often change their mind. Especially when they realize that learning a martial art is *WORK*.
- If you only have month to month, lots of people will come in and try it for a month or two and then leave.. when in those first couple months they require the most attention from instructors. Why should instructors invest that attention in students who could decide not to show up for the next class, when they could focus on those who are determined to progress?
- You should evaluate a school thoroughly before signing a contract. Make sure you are compatible with the instructors and the philosophy of the school. If you are really uncomfortable with the idea of signing a contract, It would take that as a sign that you’re not really comfortable with the school or your instructor.
There are several reasons why training at the Japanese Martial Arts Academy (JMAA) can be a rewarding experience. Here are some potential advantages:
- Authentic Japanese Martial Arts: JMAA specializes in teaching authentic Japanese martial arts, providing you with an opportunity to learn and immerse yourself in traditional techniques, philosophies, and cultural aspects of martial arts.
- Qualified Instructors: At JMAA, you can benefit from experienced and knowledgeable instructors who have achieved black-belt status or higher. Their expertise ensures proper guidance, skill development, and a safe training environment.
- Diverse Martial Arts Programs: JMAA offers a variety of martial arts disciplines to choose from, allowing you to explore different styles and find the one that suits your interests and goals. This diversity enables you to develop a well-rounded skill set.
- Physical Fitness and Health Benefits: Training at JMAA provides an excellent opportunity to improve your physical fitness, strength, flexibility, and coordination. Regular practice can enhance cardiovascular health, promote weight management, and increase overall body awareness.
- Mental and Emotional Development: Martial arts training goes beyond physical aspects and also focuses on mental and emotional growth. It can foster discipline, self-control, patience, and resilience. Martial arts can also help reduce stress, enhance focus, and boost self-confidence.
- Sense of Community: JMAA often fosters a supportive and inclusive community of martial arts practitioners. Engaging with fellow students who share a passion for martial arts can create lasting friendships, provide motivation, and contribute to a positive learning environment.
- Self-Defense Skills: Learning martial arts at JMAA equips you with practical self-defense techniques and strategies. These skills can enhance your personal safety, confidence in unfamiliar situations, and the ability to protect yourself and others, if necessary.
Ultimately, choosing to train at the Japanese Martial Arts Academy offers an opportunity for personal growth, cultural exploration, physical fitness, and the development of valuable skills that can positively impact various aspects of your life.