A good instructor is someone who:
- loves to teach and help others
- is sincere, considerate, mature, confident
- has understanding and patience
- can motivate the students
- has a good attitude and good techniques
- cares and is protective of her or his students
Observing classes is a good way to judge whether or not a school will be a good learning environment for you. Watch how a class is conducted; see if the students and instructors treat each other with respect and care; observe the safety measures employed to keep the students safe in their training. Listen to your intuitive feelings about the group and the instructors, and try a few classes on a trial basis.